In 2014, The Hope Foundation of the Mahoning Valley introduced the H.O.P.E. Award for Lifetime Achievement. It is presented to an individual who is: Honorable. Outstanding. Philanthropic. Excellent. This prestigious award was first presented to Henry Nemenz for his many decades of donating time, money and resources to improve the quality of life of children and families in our community.
Over the years, we have received numerous nominations for this great award. The meaning of this award has been an impact on our award recipients, so we are expanding this great award to recognize more individuals. We will announce an overall award winner that night, but also honoring a group of honorees, which we will choose the winner. This is a meaningful way to show that there are great people in the community and we want others to follow in their footsteps.
Click here for all the H.O.P.E Honorees & Awardees for Lifetime Achievement
H.O.P.E. Honorees for Lifetime Achievement 2020/2022
- Dr. Ronald Dwinnells – ONE Health Ohio
- Michele Jones–Down Syndrome Association of the Valley
- Margie Petrunia – Lakeview Local Schools
- Mary Anne Russo – Hubbard Public Library
- Betty Strawderman – Betty’s Angels
- Chaplain Daniel Tayman – Ohio Living
- Delphine Baldwin-Casey – Retired Youngstown Police Sergeant
- Brandon Perry – City Kids Care
- Holly Welch – Austintown Local Schools
- Amy Zell – LOSS Community Services & Whole Life Services
During the Wine for Hope 2022, all H.O.P.E. Honorees from the 2020 and 2022 will be recognized, and the 2020/2022 H.O.P.E Award for Lifetime Achievement recipient will be announced at the Wine for Hope event that night.