To be considered for funding, an organization must meet the following criteria:
- The project must meet the mission of the H.F.M.V. to serve chronic or terminally ill children & their families throughout the Mahoning Valley. (Trumbull, Mahoning, & Columbiana receive first priority).
- Application for Funding Packet
- Submit a written request, no longer than three pages double-spaced, detailing how funds will be used.
- Determination of need for the program, addressing duplication, if applicable
- Agencies collaborating with you on this program and the nature of their contribution
- Project or program summary, including timeline, outcomes and actions for implementations
- Number of children by age group, disability and who will benefit
- Agencies must include a final report for their most recent grant
- A copy of your 501(c)3 status & Most Current IRS Form 990
- Copy of the most recent financial audit.
- Provide 1 copies of the full grant, or the grant will not be considered. (Printed on one side of each page. Do not bind grants)
- A detailed budget of the project for what you are requesting funding.
To be considered for a grant, applications must be received by the H.F.M.V. by the due date. All applications received after the deadline will not be accepted!
Applications will be reviewed by the H.F.M.V. Grant Committee, and awards will be issued at the Committee’s recommendation in amounts determined by the Board of Trustees. The maximum grant that can be awarded to an organization is up to $5,000. If funding is received, a follow-up report must be provided to The Foundation documenting how the funds were used within six (6) months of the date that the funds were granted. At the discretion of the Board of Trustees, the HFMV reserves the right to recover any funds that were not used for the purpose as stated in the grantee’s application or appear to have been misused.
(updated April 21, 2020)